Are you questioning yourself, “why is my AdMob account suspended?” There are three reasons because of which a Google AdMob account could be suspended.
Understanding AdMob’s policies, account warnings, and suspensions are extremely important while operating Google AdMob.
We are here to offer you an overview of the common reasons because of which AdMob accounts are usually suspended.
1. Invalid Traffic / Invalid Activity
Invalid traffics are artificial clicks and impressions that cost the advertiser. This is an unethical way of earning for the publisher through fraudulent or accidental methods.
Invalid traffic is mainly a technical term for generating clicks and impressions by any form of nonhuman traffic or fraud.
Google AdMob detects Invalid Traffic to ensure a clean and honest commercial approach. The aim is to protect advertiser ad spend as well as ascertain that every impression is effective.
There are multiple ways of generating invalid traffic, the most common among them are as follows:
- Bots or click farms
- Publishers promoting clicks
- Automated clicking tools
- Repeated clicks by the same users
- Publishers clicking on their own ads
- Unauthorized traffic generation from third-party
- Ad implementations that may cause accidental clicks
If an AdMob account is suspended due to invalid activity, it is usually because of the above-defined reasons. During the suspension period, you as a publisher cannot serve ads for up to 30 days.
You will have to identify the source and make remedies to discontinue the invalid traffic. A good way to identify invalid traffic is to use Google Analytics for Firebase or reach out to an AdMob expert like AppBroda.
Also, AdMob account suspensions are non-appealable, this means once you have made measures to eradicate invalid traffic, you may have to wait until the suspension period is completed.
Nonetheless, you may also fill up an Invalid Traffic Appeal Form, in case you feel the decision was made in error.
2. Policy Violation
The second reason your Google AdMob account is suspended is possible because you are not in compliance with the Program policies put forth by Google AdMob.
You will receive an email as well as a notification on your account stating that your ads are restricted or the account is suspended due to policy violations.
Google gives you a chance to make amends to your app and adhere to the compliances. At times only a warning is given about the policy violations or before ads are restricted and only then action is taken on the ad serving.
The major causes of policy violations are as follows:
- Sexual, Adult, or Explicit Content
- Derogatory Content
- Content That Prompts Clicks
- Gambling Content
- Overlapping Buttons or Content with Ads
- Rewarded Ads
- Disallowed ad implementation
Although, if you feel the decision was made in error and you adhere to all the Google AdMob policies then you can also fill up the Policy violation appeal (account disabled) form.
3. Duplicate Account
Publishers are not allowed to have duplicate AdMob accounts. However, there are several scenarios under which you as an app publisher would want a second account.
Let’s look at some of these scenarios:
- If you have two working accounts both will be suspended. You will be asked to close one AdMob account and appeal from the other one. After scrutiny, your account will be reinitiated.
- If your AdMob account was suspended, you should not create a new one. Rather find out the source, why the account was suspended i.e., either due to invalid traffic or policy violation.Once you identify it, take measures to correct it. Google will automatically resume your account if the corrections are rightly made after the completion of the suspended period.
- If your AdMob account was disabled for any purpose, you will not be allowed to create a new one. You will have to appeal and rectify your old account, in case you still proceed to create a new one, that will be disabled as well.
How To Deal with A Suspended AdMob Account?
Currently, account suspensions are not appealable. A great way to deal with a suspended AdMob account is to find the source of why your account has been suspended, rectify and wait for Google to resume it. Filling a suspended publisher feedback form may also help.
However, you can try another route, get in touch with a third-party Google Partner like AppBroda. Let experts find out why your account was suspended and help you get the best solutions to recommence your account.
At AppBroda, we can help you lift your suspension as well as work on ways to optimize your ad revenue in accordance with the Google AdMob’s Program & Publisher policies.
For more information chat with our experts!