User experience (UX) is the core of any mobile application that leads to user growth and contributes toward ad revenue optimization. Through an effective user experience, app developers can address user needs and wants. They can improve usability, accessibility, and every functionality that the app aims at offering!
But, how does it optimize ad revenue? What are the factors that increase ad revenue? And what are the few tactics for ad revenue optimization through UX?
Before we answer the above questions, let’s address the basics!!
So, what is ad revenue, and how does optimizing ad revenue help the publisher?
For an app developer or app publisher advertising revenue or ad revenue is the monetary income that is earned by displaying paid advertisements on their mobile applications.
Publishers use several platforms to sell their ad units such as Google AdMob, Google AdX, etc. Ad units display advertisements and for each impression or click – the publisher earns money which is defined as ad revenue.
What are the factors that increase ad revenue for an app publisher?
- Content – The content offered is the first and the most important factor that increases ad revenue. App developers are responsible to create unique content so that they can bring in new users, retain them as well as scale their revenue.
- Ad Placements – Following the best practices in ad placements such as ensuring that ads look like ads, optimizing ad sizes, using a combination of ads, and other such practices ensure user experience and generate ad revenue.
- Google Ad Manager – Google Ad Manager helps you manage your ad business and grow your revenue in any industry. It is one of the most sought-after platforms for ad revenue optimization and is highly used by app publishers.
- Collaborate with Google Partner – Get connected with an authorized Google Partner. A great way to increase ad revenue is through outsourcing ad operations. This contributes toward revenue growth without having app publishers spend internal time and resources.
What are the few tactics of ad revenue optimization through UX?
- Understanding App Users – Understanding the app users is very crucial as the better an app publisher understands the users, the more likely they are to design and build a mobile application that works well for the users. This will lead to user growth and subsequently increase the number of users, which will result in ad revenue growth.
- Identifying & Solving User Pain Points – An app user would download an app out of need. This need is addressed as pain points, which they try to overcome by using the mobile app. Thus, an app must serve the main purpose of helping the users to get the solution to their problems.But not every user gets the right direction to solve their problems through a mobile app, and then quickly deletes the app. Hence, app developers need to solve these pain points through an interactive UX to retain users. Eventually, a retained user adds value to the app and increases ad revenue.
- Ensuring to Follow Ad Trends – Currently, some of the most common ad trends to follow are to know where the ads are redirected from your app, to select the right supply partners, to include interstitial ads, to maximize engagement with interactive video ads, to gain high-quality conversions with rewarded video ads, etc. These trends change often and it is important to stay in sync with the ad trends as it helps in ensuring an effective UX and generating ad revenue.
- Experimenting & Testing Ads – Apart from following trends app publishers must also concentrate on being trendsetters! A great way to do this is by experimenting and testing various formats of ads that enhance the UX of the mobile application and allow more scope for ad revenue optimization.
Would you like to know other ways of increasing ad revenue? Simply get in touch with our experts at AppBroda as we scale your users and generate ad revenue through various methods.
Get ready to expedite your app business? Call us now!!